My Top 10 Makeup Bag Must Haves
I’m often asked by my clients which brand of makeup I prefer and the truth is that each brand has it’s own strengths, so my favourites differ depending on the product. With so many brands of makeup and different type of product within each brand it can be hard to find the real hero products, so I thought I’d give you a helping hand with my Top Ten Makeup Bag Must Haves. I love these and hope you will too. Make sure you let me know what you think! Amanda x
10. No. 7 Extreme Length Waterproof Mascara I have fallen in love with this mascara and I know my brides will vouch for the fact that it is not only smudge proof, but tear proof too! It goes on really nicely with zero clumps and you can build it as much as you like without it ever looking too heavy. For a high street brand this product is a real winner and definitely deserves it’s place in my top 10.
9. Benefit Hoola The trick with Hoola is to know that a little really does go a long way. I use the lightest dusting on temples, under cheekbones and on the sides of the nose to give a lovely soft contour effect and warm up even the palest of skin tones. I must admit I don’t love the brush it comes with, but with an angled contour (large fluffy) brush it’s one product I can’t live without & like sunshine in a box!
8. Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette Released last summer the 4th edition of the classic Naked Palette this has to be my favourite. The soft gold of Dirtysweet and matte nude Combust have been the favourite colours amongst my brides. The shadows themselves go on beautifully, with amazing staying (non-creasing) power & are super blend-able meaning 2016 has definitely been a year for the smoky eye.
7. Carmex Lip Balm in Cherry I can almost predict the “ooh that smells lovely!” comment from my clients when I use this. Not only is it amazing for your lips, it provides a soft base for any lip colour, but as you’ve guessed it smells incredible. Perfect for that all-important first kiss.
6. Ben Nye Luxury Powder (Banana Powder) This is by far my favourite setting powder to achieve a flawless matte look. It goes on beautifully and only a little is needed to transform the skin giving it a youthful glow.
5. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer In my opinion the best primer available and with an option for every skin type they’re a kit must-have. Creating a smooth, even-toned base for foundation to be applied to is essential in creating that flawless skin look every bride desires.
4. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Liner Available in nearly 20 shades, super easy to apply and blend these are a must-have in my kit. I love how easy they are to work with, creating a sharp edged line or blending beautifully into eyeshadow, but most importantly they don’t budge.
3. Dose of Colors Matte Lipstick Matte lips have been so popular in 2016 and no brand (in my opinion) does it better than Dose of Colors. Their matte lipstick not only looks gorgeous, it’s glides on really smoothly and last for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours…
2. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray I must admit this setting spray doesn’t come with the prettiest of smells (nothing too awful, but it could be better!), but wow does it work! One spritz and my clients are guaranteed flawless makeup despite any number of tears, dance battles and late, late nights.
1. NARS Illuminator in Orgasm, Laguna & Copacabana I’ve listed all of these colours as I simply couldn’t chose between them, it would be like choosing between children! These illuminators are just gorgeous. They glide on as a finishing highlighter or underneath foundation to give an overall glow. With highlighting and contouring much more popular amongst brides this year these haven’t left my kit even for a day and are perfect for highlighting a strong bold look or giving a subtle glow to the most barely there, natural makeup.